I should spread out these posts so I’m not posting three times in one day and then not again for two months. Hmm.
1. My summer knitting project is going to be a lace scarf knit in DK weight silk merino. I’m hoping it’s
luxurious enough to keep my attention. I’m so bad at finishing any lace projects, but it’s way too hot to knit anything else in the Texas heat.
2. Hugh and Joe are moving out at the end of May and Katie is moving in…. should be fun! Trying to decide about additional housemates as well – my mortgage just went up almost $200/month so I could definitely use more help…
3. I’m going to try to start a Ph.D. program in the fall of 2012…. maybe? I guess what I mean is that I’m going to start looking at programs and re-take the GRE (my old scores are expired) in preparation for starting then at the earliest. Initial research has me pretty interested in a program at Boston College, but there are some other good ones out there that I’m looking at as well.
4. My computer battery is broken. It won’t charge at all…and it’s out of warranty. So I can use the computer with the cord plugged in, but as soon as it unplugs it shuts down. Yuck.
5. I miss a lot of people today. Not sure why it feels like such a “down” day, but I have that loneliness feeling that can’t be addressed by being with others. It’s just there. Regardless of the surroundings. Hate it.
6. My kitchen is a mess. I want to clean it up. Kindof.